Highly popular, especially in during this Halloween and Thanksgiving season, pumpkin is a very healthy fruit. Known as a cultivar of winter squash, belonging to Cucurbitaceae family, it is smooth and round with a slightly ribbed skin.
It comes in deep yellow to orange colour. Sporting a thick shell, it also contains the seeds and pulp.
Benefits to Know About
Rich in vitamins and minerals, it is also low in calories with almost 94% water. Also contains beta-carotene, a carotenoid, which your body converts into vitamin A.
Meanwhile, pumpkin seeds are also edible and nutritious with numerous health benefits.
Some benefits of Pumpkin
- High in antioxidant
- Reduce the risk of chronic disease
- Packed with vitamins that help boost immunity
- High level of beta carotene reduces risk cataract
- Helps to regulate blood pressure
- Also a fantastic source of fibre